Glengarry Loyal Orange Lodge No. 1158
In December 1863, the Grand Orange Lodge of British America issued a warrant to Alexander D. MacCrimmon of Dunvegan, Ontario to form Glengarry Loyal Orange Lodge No. 1158. On January 3rd, 1864 the Lodge held its inaugural meeting with Mr. MacCrimmon as its first Worshipful Master and over 25 active members.
The Lodge's second meeting place was a two storey log structure built in 1867 in Dunvegan.
Throughout the Fenian Raids, equipment and supplies were stored on the ground floor of the building while the Lodge met on the second floor.
In 1918, members of the Lodge decided to build a new Orange Hall so they set about acquiring the land and establishing a building fund.
On June 27th, 1919 Orangemen from across the region attended the official laying of the building's cornerstone.
The Orange Hall built in 1919 was sold in 1974 to the Dunvegan Women's Institute.
Glengarry Loyal Orange Lodge disbanded in 1977.
The original two storey log structure still exists today. In 2005 the building was moved to the grounds of the Glengarry Pioneer Museum in Dunvegan and repurposed as the visitor centre, gift shop and administration building.