Grand Orange Lodge of Saskatchewan
The Grand Orange Lodge of the North-West Territories was instituted in Regina, North-West Territories on February 29, 1892. In 1905 the Grand Orange Lodge of the North-West Territories became known as the Grand Orange Lodge of Saskatchewan when the province joined Confederation.
The Grand Orange Lodge of Saskatchewan functions as the governing body for Orange Lodges in the province. The Grand Orange Lodge has its own executive comprised of Lodge members from around the province which, through its offices and committees, conducts business on behalf of the Lodge throughout the year. The Grand Orange Lodge of Saskatchewan meets for annual meetings each spring to report on its activities and those of its reporting Lodges in the previous year.
Through its history, the Grand Orange Lodge of Saskatchewan has promoted the ideals and beliefs of the Orange movement, including entire separation of Church and State, the English language as the only official language in Canada, a non-sectarian public school system, equal rights to all and special privileges to none, an unwavering loyalty to the British flag, constitution and monarchy, and the participation in benevolent activities in the community.
Membership in the Grand Orange Lodge of Saskatchewan has dwindled (2005) to four ladies' Lodges throughout the province. The men's Lodges, once a strong component of the Grand Orange Lodge of Saskatchewan, are no longer in existence. The four Lodges exist in Climax, Nipawin, Regina and White Fox, with total membership at sixty members.