Mulvey Loyal Orange Lodge No. 1613
Mulvey Loyal Orange Lodge No. 1613 received its warrant on January 15th, 1892 from Right Worshipful Brother William Connelly, then Grand Secretary of the Grand Orange Lodge of Manitoba. The warrant had been signed by the Grand Lodge on November 19th, 1891.
The lodge was named in honour of Major Stewart Mulvey (1834-1908), the first Grand Master of the Grand Orange Lodge of Manitoba.
The first officers elected were:
A committee was formed to find a suitable place for the lodge to hold meetings. An upstairs room above Chapin's lumber yard office was chosen, later the municipal offices.
The Webb school in Hartney was then purchased by the lodge and then relocated to a lot on Poplar Avenue for their meeting place.
The first Twelfth of July celebration was held in Hartney in 1894.
All lodge records from May 31st 1901 to November 1908 were destroyed when the Recording Secretary's home was lost to fire.
In 1921, the lodge purchased a banner to lead the lodge in their Twelfth of July parades.
During 1927, Manitoba celebrated its 60th anniversary and the Orangemen of Manitoba held the Twelfth of July parade in Winnipeg.
In 1931, Mulvey Loyal Orange Lodge celebrated its 40th anniversary with the Grand Master of the Grand Orange Lodge of Manitoba as a special guest along with members of thirteen other lodges to celebrate the occasion.
In 1935, the retiring Worshipful Master, J. Gibson, presented the lodge with two paintings by Miss M. R. Black. One was in the form of a memorial tablet which contained the names of deceased members and the other in the form of a register to record the names of past masters of Mulvey Loyal Orange Lodge.
In 1942, the lodge celebrated it's 50th anniversary with seven other lodges present.
In 1957, the lodge celebrated the Twelfth of July in conjunction with the Town of Hartney's 75th anniversary.
Officers of the Mulvey Loyal Orange Lodge in 1957 were: