Virden Loyal Orange Lodge No. 1519
Virden Loyal Orange Lodge No. 1519 received its warrant in March, 1883. The first permanent quarters for the lodge were on Wellington Street.
This hall was sold to Gordon Angell on April 13th, 1942 and was later destroyed by fire. On February 2nd, 1942 the lodge purchased the former Presbyterian Church on Wellington Street. This building was then sold to the Elks Lodge in 1954.
On March 13th, 1935 the Grand Orange Lodge of Manitoba convened in Virden and at the same time the Ladies' Orange Benevolent Association held sessions. The town's accommodation for so many visitors was taxed to the limit, but organization was excellent, and a program of entertainment was arranged by council and local organizations. A. E. Higginbotham was mayor at this time.
In May, 1940, the Grand Orange Lodge of Manitoba and Ladies Orange Benevolent Association again held session in Virden.
Worshipful Masters from 1883 to 1956