Crandall Loyal Orange Lodge Band
The first meeting of Crandall Loyal Orange Lodge No. 1804 was held in the hall at Crandall on August 13, 1903. Charter members were as follows: George Andrew, Luther Switzer, Samuel Miller, Wesley Lewis, William Lipsett, W.J. Budd, James Crawford, J.S, Shier, John Finley, Samuel Kirk, Charles MacKay, Richard Rudd, Herbert Johnston, George Levins, Wesley Hazelwood, John McLeod, A. Shier, William Lourey.
A band was organized about 1908. The largest membership was in 1920 with 47 members on the roll. In 1908 J.S. Switzer was elected Worshipful Master.
In 1913 the hall was purchased from Mr. T. Hamilton and was a landmark until 1962 when it was bought by Matthew McLean and moved to his farm for a house.
Oyster suppers were very much a part of the social life of the members and their families, as well as the July 12 celebrations each year. For several years they had a celebration at Crandall.
The Crandall Lodge was officially closed at Cardale on December 1, 1962, the four members left were Harvey Kirk, Worshipful Master; Garnet Johnston, Recording Secretary; Leonard Lipscomb, Secretary-Treasurer; and Matthew McLean, Marshal.
An Orange Lodge was started at Arrow River as early as 1887 and later was moved to Crandall.
A Woman's branch was started in the late forties, but was disbanded after a few years.